ProLon® is intended for use by healthy individuals who want to optimize their health and well being, by overweight or obese individuals who want to manage their weight in an easy and healthy way, and by people who have well-known markers for chronic and unhealthy conditions. ProLon has been clinically proven to reduce multiple biomarkers for aging and negative conditions such as abdominal fat, waist circumference, glucose, IGF-1, and CRP.
ProLon® is a food-based program. Any significant change in diet (including fiber intake) can contribute to changes in your gut such as bloating, cramping and gassiness, constipation, or diarrhea.
ProLon® is designed to prevent many of these symptoms of fasting by providing specific macro and micronutrients. However, because it is still a low-calorie program, we encourage you to discuss with your healthcare provider whether the practice of fasting or the use of fasting mimicking diet is right for you. To minimize any risks associated with fasting, please follow these recommendations during the 5-day program: Please avoid the following during the 5-days of the program:
- Avoid any strenuous exercising or activities that may consume a high level of
- Avoid extreme temperature environments like hot tubs and saunas, or driving long distances under strong sun or heat
- Since ProLon® is a food-based program, please stop the product should you experience any symptom of an allergic reaction such as a rash, change in voice, swelling or fever.
- If you feel light-headed or faint, you should eat something, drink juice, or consume a beverage with sugar.
You may experience few side effects at first. But after several treatments you may experience fatigue, which can make it feel like your usual activities take more energy or that you have little energy for everyday tasks.
While the purpose of the ProLon diet is to trigger rejuvenation, weight loss may occur. Everyone is different, and weight loss depends on a number of factors. In a clinical study of participants who completed a 5-day ProLon cycle once a month for three months, the average weight loss at the end of the study was about 5.7 pounds. This was primarily abdominal fat, while lean body mass was preserved.
Why is ProLon different?
ProLon® is unlike any other fasting nutrition program
- Precision nutrition gives you essential nutrients but doesn't activate your body's food sensing system
- Based on over 20 years of scientific research funded by such institutions as the National Institutes of Health
- You are essentially fasting with food
Should I exercise with ProLon
It's important to listen to your body when it comes to exercise. We don't recommend strenuous exercise while fasting as it may contribute to dehydration and accelerate negative nitrogen balance.